Cross Country Tour

Crew

Sponsors

How to Help

Partner Organizations

Contact Us



Printable View

Thursday May 18, 2006

Good thing our setbacks have been small ones.

The best laid plans of mice and men... Having decided to fly to Phoenix next, we planned on wheels up at 5:30 in the morning. But Voyager had a minor throttle cable problem which, although it was just a matter of a little soldering to fix, took a few hours to correct. We didnt get off the ground until 9. We flew back to Searchlight (1L3) and put down because the winds were kicking up, and the thermals were very strong. Landing in those conditions is quite a challenge.

Realizing that we'd already flown this portion of the trip once, we packed the planes into the trailer and drove back to Needles (EED), which would serve as our continuation point to Phoenix . Glen, the Needles airport manager, was glad to see us. He made us feel right at home. It was 110 degrees when we got there.

<- Previous entry (05/17/2006)Next entry (05/19/2006) ->

Page last modified on June 04, 2006, at 04:23 PM